Moradabad factory develops gas leak, seven hospitalized

Posted By: Ani
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Moradabad (UP), Jan 22 (ANI): Seven women workers were hospitalised after a toffee-manufacturing factory sprung a gas leak in Uttar Pradesh's Moradabad district.

The workers were admitted to a private nursing home after they began vomiting.

"I have got to know that in a toffee manufacturing factory, a furnace or something had burst and they had inhaled carbon monoxide. As of now five patients are stable, while the other two have low oxygen saturation," said Nitin Batra, a doctor.

He said the low oxygen saturation detected in two patients indicates some damage to their lungs, adding that since it was a case of carbon monoxide poisoning it could be treated within hours.

The victims are between the ages of 15-18 years. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...