According to the sources, major Airline companies have slashed the air fares up to 20-25 percentage. Earlier on Saturday, Dec 4, DGCA chief Bharat Bhushan had met chief executives of three low-cost airlines IndiGo, SpiceJet and GoAir and instructed them to determine tariffs fairly.
New air fare (approximately)
* Delhi - Hyderabad: Between Rs 5,000 to 13,000
* Bombay - Trivandrum: Between Rs 4,500 to 14,000
* Delhi - Chennai: Between Rs 5,000 to 15,000
* Bombay - Bangalore: Between Rs 3,500 to 7,000
* Delhi - Bombay: Between Rs 5,000 to 10,000
The Airline companies had proposed ticket fare according to the distance. This resulted the huge hike in airfares, which was the all time high in its history.
The one way airfare proposed by airline companies were-
* Rs 10,500 for distances less that 750 km (e.g Delhi-Chandigarh, Chennai-Coimbatore)
* Rs 14,550 to Rs. 19,500 for distances between 750-1,000 km
* Rs 17,000 to Rs. 25,000 for distances between 1,000-1,400 km
* Rs 22,000 to 40,000 for distances of more than 1,400 km (e.g. Delhi-Bangalore, Delhi Kolkata)