Pune, July 24 (ANI): Around 80 children fell sick on Friday after consumption of unhygienic midday meal at a government school in Pune.
According to authorities insects and rusted iron participles were found in the meal.
"Insects, flies, broken iron particles and other unhygienic and poisonous things were found from the khichdi that was served. Children felt stomach pain and they vomited after consumption of the food," said Sangita Tiwari, President of Pune Municipal Corporation's School Board.
A case has been registered in this connection.
The midday meal scheme involves provision of lunch free of cost to schoolchildren on all working days. (ANI)