Fire in Chandigarh market causes losses worth millions of rupees

Posted By: Staff
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Chandigarh, April 25 (ANI): A massive fire engulfed a market; gutting a popular restaurant along with other shops here in Chandigarh city and caused losses amounting to millions of rupees on Sunday morning.

The incident occurred at 9 am (local time).

According to the Fire officials, the fire was of the 'serious' category and 10 fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

"Short circuit seems to be an obvious reason. However, there were few gas cylinders on the first floor in the barbeque restaurant. One cylinder exploded when the fire broke out. We will now evaluate the extent of the loss and what might have been the exact cause. But on the face, it looks like a short circuit triggered the fire," said P K Sharma, Chief Fire Officer of the Chandigarh Fire Service.

After battling the flames for nearly four hours, the fire brigade personnel managed to douse the fire.

No casualties were reported in the fire mishap. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...