Son's shower of coke saves dad on fire

Posted By: Staff
Subscribe to Oneindia News

London, April 22 (ANI): A brave Brit schoolboy sprayed a two-litre bottle of coke to save his dad after the 52-year-old accidentally set himself on fire.

Andrew Wythe, of Mullion, Cornwall, was using a petrol can to light a bonfire when a spark ignited the fumes and set his arms, chest, neck and ears alight.

But fifteen-year-old Nicholas came to his dad's rescue as he grabbed a coke bottle, shook it violently before spraying it on Andrew to douse the raging flames.

Andrew was rushed to hospital in Penzance and transferred to Frenchay Hospital in Bristol after the incident last weekend.

He was treated for burns and will now need skin grafts.

Andrew, an office temp worker, praised his teenaged son for saving his life.

"It was hot day and we had taken a bottle of coke to keep cool. I put the petrol on and straight away it set me on fire. I dropped to the floor and tried to roll round," the Daily Express quoted him, as saying.

According to doctors, Andrew's injuries could have been fatal if Nicholas had not acted.

Nicholas said: "Inst-inct took over really."

Andrew added: "Without Nicholas it would have been a lot worse," he said. "I was lucky really. We all know it's dangerous throwing things on the fire. You could be lucky if the wind is blowing in the right direction, or unlucky like myself." (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...