London, Jan 3 (ANI): The mobile data traffic is set to experience record growth in 2010, according to a report from Juniper Research.
Such a growth would cause an explosion in mobile data traffic, putting strain on 3G networks and causing network providers to reconsider pricing plans, the report added.
Juniper Research has compiled a list of top ten trends, reports The Independent.
The Top Ten Wireless Predictions for 2010:
1. Mobile Data Traffic Explosion to put strain on 3G Networks
2. Mobile Ecosystem starts to go green
3. Mobile Heads for the Cloud
4. New category of Smartbooks to Emerge
5. Apps Stores All Round
6. Mobile Social Networking to Integrate with other Applications including M-Commerce
7. NFC phones appear in the shops
8. At least 10 LTE networks to be launched into service
9. Smartphones to Get Augmented Reality Makeover
10. Christmas Kindle sales expected to herald the rise of the connected embedded consumer devices. (ANI)