Meet the dog that survived despite eating 1000 magnets!

Posted By: Staff
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Melbourne, Aug 31 (ANI): A dog ate almost 1000 magnets, but is still alive after an emergency surgery.

The X-ray of Polly's stomach showed a clump of magnets in it, when its owner Cathy James took it to vet Dr. Glen Hastie at Sunbury Animal Hospital, after it fell seriously ill.

The owner of the blue heeler runs a printing business, and had apparently left it alone in her office for 20 minutes to feed horses on her Mickleham farm, when it consumed the magnets.

"One of my jobs is to stick magnets on the back of cards, and after all these years she thought the box of magnets looked just delicious," the Courier Mail quoted Cathy as saying.

"I came back to do my work, and I noticed her rustling around, and I stuck my hand down (her throat) and pulled them out, and she was fine for the rest of the day.

"The next day she started drastically heaving and four of them came out, and I thought, 'uh-oh, I think she has eaten a whole lot more'.

"She weighed half a kilo heavier, and the vet said it wouldn't be that many, but when they operated there was half a gravel track in there as well," she said.

In the past three years, the pooch has swallowed a computer mouse, gardening gloves, a large rubber band, several rolls of fax paper, and handfuls of gravel.

Also, it has needed 7000 dollars worth of vet treatment during this time. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...