11-year-old suffers brain damage after KFC Meal

Posted By: Staff
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Melbourne, Aug 3: A healthy 11-year-old girl was crippled and brain damaged from salmonella poisoning after eating a Chicken Twister from Kentucky Fried Chicken, a court recently heard.

Monika Samaan, was seeking more than 10 million dollars in damages after the illness developed into acquired spastic quadriplegia and acquired profound intellectual disability and liver dysfunction.

Tony Bartley, SC, told the New South Wales Supreme Court that Monika's condition was caused by salmonella on the chicken she ate from the KFC outlet at Villawood store.

"You will hear unsettling and disturbing practices in the kitchen, including the kitchen KFC operated at its Villawood store," the Herald Sun quoted Bartley as saying.

He added, "If the store was particularly busy, if chicken was dropped on the floor near the burger station, it would on some occasions simply be put back."

Bartley also said that a 16-year-old working at the shop would provide evidence that part of his job was to remove "feathers, blood and foreign objects from the chicken before it was cooked."


Please Wait while comments are loading...