Chandauli (Uttar Pradesh), Mar 21: A major accident was averted in the wee hours of Saturday, Mar 21 morning, when the Patna-bound Rajdhani Express came to a sudden halt after pantry car of the train caught fire near the Karman Station in Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh.
The incident, which happened at around 3:30 am due to a short circuit in the pantry has led to a disruption of the train services on the Mugalsarai-Patna route.
The pantry coach has been completely burnt. However, passengers have escaped unarmed.
Meanwhile, railway authorities have ordered an investigation into the incident.