Panaji, Oct 26 : The Goa government on Sunday said that it has no plans of handing over of the alleged rape case of a German minor to the Central Bureau of Investigation.
State Chief Secretary J P Singh said, "The police are doing a fairly good job and there has been no thought about handing over the case to CBI."
The mother of the 14-year-old teenager had accused State Education Minister Atanasio Monserratte's son Rohit and Public Works Department Minister Churchill Alemao's nephew Warren of sexually abusing her daughter.
On Monday, Justice A P Lavade of Goa Bench of Bombay High Court would takes up the case for hearing and the investigating agencies will have to reply as to why the investigation should not be handed over to a specialized agency in accordance with law.
On October 24, Bombay High Court Chief Justice Swatanter Kumar and Justice S A Bobde had taken suo moto cognisance of this high-profile rape case.
The bench had called upon the investigating officers to explain the developments in the case and why none of alleged accused or suspects had been apprehended.