Lucknow, Oct 22 (UNI) A youth was charred, while eight others sustained burns after a heap of crackers exploded during manufacturing process in Jaluan district of Uttar Pradesh today.
Reports from state Director General of Police (DGP) Office said the incident occurred when four people were involved in the making of the fire crackers at a hut in Chandkua Patelnagar town.
An accidental spark of fire led to a powerful explosion in them.
One worker died on the spot, while some children, who were standing near the hut, sustained wounds in the incident, the reports said.
The workers, however, possessed the licence for making crackers.
UNI JAS SKB SB KP1851