Pondy: Six huts gutted in fire due to a spark

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Puducherry, Sep 12: Six thatched huts were gutted in a fire caused due to a spark from an oven at Villianur on Friday, Sep 12. According to fire service sources, the fire was noticed in the hut belonging to one Kanagavalli around noon on Friday, Sep 12. The fire spread to the adjoining huts. Eventhough the fire service station was very near, fire tenders could not reach the spot due to the narrow lane.

People living in the area helped the families staying in the huts to douse the flames.

The loss of property was estimated to be about Rs 2 lakhs, including gold and cash in a hut belonging to one Balu. He had kept it for his daughter's marriage next month.


Please Wait while comments are loading...