New Delhi, Jul 25 (UNI) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today condemned the Bangalore serial bomb blasts and urged people to remain calm and maintain communal harmony.
Expressing grief over the killing of one person, the Prime Minister sends his condolences to the bereaved family.
He has sanctioned an ex-gratia payment of rupees one lakh to the next of kin of the dead and rupees 50,000 to those injured in the blasts.
Home Minister Shivraj Patil has also condemned the blasts and said such incidents would not deter the government from pursuing its policy of dealing with anti-nationals in a resolute manner.
Mr Patil said the Karnataka Government had been asked to take adequate steps to increase vigilance and protect vital instalations in the State.
Meanwhile, Minister of State for Home Shriprakash Jaiswal has said Karnataka government was forewarned about the possibility of such attacks.
He said based on intelligence reports that Bangalore was the target of terror groups, the Ministry had sent advisories to both the Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh governments to remain alert and take necessary steps to prevent such terror attacks.
UNI AJ GT CS1932