Puducherry, July 8 (UNI) The Medical Council of India (MCI) has directed the Puducherry Administration not to allow students, who secured less than 50 per cent marks in last year's entrance examination, to pursue their medical education, Health Minister E Valsaraj said today.
Addressing a press conference here, Mr Valsaraj said last year, admissions were made on the basis of marks secured in the plus two examinations and Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) Entrance examination.
However, the MCI, in a recent letter, stated that the students, who secured 50 per cent marks in the entrance examination, too should be allowed to continue their education.
Mr Valsaraj also said there was no question of handing over the Government Medical College and the Women and Child Hospital, which were under construction, to private parties.
UNI PAB SJ RL CS1744