• search
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

Govt approves NTPC power plant at Lalitpur

By Staff
|

Lucknow, Jun 25: The Uttar Pradesh government today approved an ultra-mega thermal power plant to be set up by the National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) at Lalitpur in the Bundelkhand region of the state.

NTPC's 4000 megawatt power plant would be constructed on a 30:70 partnership in which, 30 per cent would be the state share, and the rest 70 per cent would go to the Public sector enterprise.

The State cabinet approved the project after it was agreed upon that 75 per cent of the power generated in the ultra mega power plant would be given to UP.

State cabinet secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh said here the cabinet has approved the project and a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) would be signed between the state and the NTPC very soon.

He said there was adequate water near the Lalitpur site and land would to be acquired there.

NTPC chairman-cum-managing director T Shankarlingam had proposed the mega thermal power project at Lalitpur in November last year and said the teams for site selections would inspect the spot till January this year.

The NTPC was already working on the 1320 mw mega thermal power project for which an MoU was signed with the state government in November last year, while extending the existing 440 mw Tanda thermal power project by another 660mw.

UNI

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more