Kozhikode, Feb 20 (UNI) The Centre has taken all necessary steps to fly back the bodies of two Indians killed in a missile attack at Basra in Iraq two days ago, Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed today said.
Talking to newspersons here he said as per the information received by the Ministry from Indian Embassy in Baghdad, their bodies would reach Kuwait by tomorrow afternoon.
Indian Mission in Kuwait had been directed to take further steps to send the bodies back home without further delay.
However, Mr Ahamed said he was unable to give a specific date on flying the bodies from Kuwait as the Government would have to complete certain formalities in this regard.
Reiterating the Centre's stand that Iraq was not safe for travel, he regretted that people were still proceeding to the war-battered country for employment ignoring the official advisory.
Suresh alias Suresan (41) of Payyoli in the district and T P Mohammed Sali of Padanna in Kasargod district along with a Sri Lankan national were killed in the attack on Monday evening.
Employees of Kuwait-based Prolob Solution, Suresh and Sali were deputed to provide logistics to British Army personnel at Basra.
UNI PCH PK DB2115