Washington, Feb 18 : Twentieth Century Fox and New Regency's sci-fi adventure "Jumper" ruled the US box office over the weekend grossing 33.8 million dollars.
Second on the list was Disney and Summit Entertainment's sequel "Step Up 2 the Streets" grossing an estimated 26.3 million dollars.
Paramount and Nick Movies' family fantasy "The Spiderwick Chronicles" came in at the third spot on the list with an estimated 21.4 million dollars, reports Variety.
The top five was rounded off by Warner Bros.' "Fool's Gold" and Universal/Working Title's romance "Definitely, Maybe" starring Ryan Reynolds and Abigail Breslin which came in at fourth and fifth place on the list respectively.
Fool's Gold" took in 13 million dollars over the weekend while "Definitely, Maybe" took in 12.8 million dollars.
The list for the top ten highest grossing movies over the weekend as per Variety is:
1. Jumper, .8 million
2. Step Up 2 the Streets, .3 million
3. The Spiderwick Chronicles, .4 million
4. Fool's Gold, million
5. Definitely, Maybe, .8 million
6. Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins, .9 million
7. Juno, .6 million
8. The Bucket List, .1 million
9. Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour, .3 million
10. 27 Dresses, .1 million