Centre to introduce second MI 172 helicopter service in Arunachal

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Jan 30 : The Union Cabinet today gave its approval to provide subsidy to the Arunachal Pradesh for operating an exclusive MI 172 helicopter service between Guwahati and Tawang initially for a period of one year.

"Subsidy to the State Government for operating this helicopter service beyond one year would based on review of the operation of this service at the end of the first year of its operation," a government release said.

The 75 per cent of the amount of subsidy, actual cost of operation of helicopter service minus recovery from passengers, would be met by the Centre, while the State Government will incur the rest of 25 per cent.

The over all ceiling of flying hours for the proposed helicopter service in the state would be 52 hours per month.

This service is expected to facilitate the movement of tourists and public between Guwahati and Tawang.

Please Wait while comments are loading...