Fire breaks out in commercial complex

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Chandigarh, Dec 13 (UNI) A fire broke out in a commercial complex in the Sector 45 market here today.

Fire Brigade officials said the fire started in the four-storey complex, housing shops of paints and plastic toys, at 0817 hrs this morning. Two families also resided in second and third floors of the building.

Five fire tenders were pressed into service and the fire was extiguished by 0900 hrs, they said.

The first floor, housing the toy shop, was the worst hit by the blaze, causing an estimated loss of over Rs 50 lakh.

However, there was no loss of life.

The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, fire officials said.


Please Wait while comments are loading...