two suffer electric shock at airport

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Chennai, Dec 3 (UNI) Two electrical workers fell unconscious after suffering electric shock while rectifying a fault at the Kamaraj Domestic Terminal at the airport here tonight.

Airport sources said Electricians Kannan (31) and Vijaykumar (24) were summoned after smoke started coming out of the room near the conveyor belt.

The duo came into contact with a live wire and fell unconscious.

Aiport doctors gave them first aid after which they were rushed to a nearby private hospital.

The authorities then cut off the local power supply and set right the fault as a result tension prevailed in the airport for nearly 30 minutes though none of the flight services were affected.

Kannan and Vijayakumar were said to be recovering well, the sources added.


Please Wait while comments are loading...