1 Burnt alive in fire in jhuggies colony

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Chandigarh Dec 1 (UNI) A four years old boy was burnt alive and another person received burn injuries when fire broke out in a juggi colony here today.

The deceased was identified as Anuj. The injured was admitted in a hospital here.

About 70 juggies were gutted in the blaze which was, however controled, by the fire tenders after fighting flame for about half an hour. The cause of fire is being ascertained.

Dy Commissioner R K Rao has announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs 50,000 from district relief fund for the family of the deceased.

The district administration has provided tents and food to the affected families.


Please Wait while comments are loading...