Fire in chemicals godown, 4 firemen hurt

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Nov 22 (UNI) Four fire brigade officials were injured in a fire at a chemical godown in Andheri, in the western suburbs this morning.

Fire brigade officials said they received information about the fire in ''gala'' no 1 in Gamji Shamji Udyog Bhawan on Veera Desai Road, that was full of chemical drums.

While the firemen were trying to douse the fire, four officials were injured. Three amongst them are undergoing treatment in a government hospital while one was discharged after first aid.

No one from the ''gala'' or nearby place has been injured in the fire. Over 15 chemical drums were kept in the 500 square feet premise.

Eight fire engines and four tankers were employed for dousing the flames. The cause of the fire has not been ascertained.


Please Wait while comments are loading...