Five die after inhaling toxic gas in a well

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Vadodara, Nov 12 (UNI) Five labourers died after inhaling poisonous gas in a 70-foot deep well at Dabhali village in neighbouring Bharuch district of Gujarat, reports said today.

According to the reports the labourers, yesterday, were trying to retrieve a faulty water pump, set from the well, that was the lone source of water for the agricultural land in the tiny village.

While trying to retrieve the sunken pump, all the five met with a watery grave after inhaling the gas. Later, fire brigade personnel fished out the bodies, police said.

The labourers, who belonged to Dabhali village, were identified as Hashmukh Patel, Narayan Basava, Ishwarbhai Patel, Hitesh Patel and Kalidash Basava.


Please Wait while comments are loading...