Crackers gutted in mishap

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Tiruchirapalli, Nov 5 (UNI) A major fire broke out at a cracker shop and several crackers worth over Rs two lakh were gutted in a fire mishap near here, yesterday.

Police said one person noticed some smoke emerging out of the cracker shop late last night and informed the police and the fire service department.

On information, fire service personnel were pressed into service to put out the flames. An electrical short circuit was stated to be the reason for the mishap, police said.

Meanwhile, a lorry loaded with crackers was fully damaged when it overturned at Manikandam on the Tiruchirapalli-Madurai National Highway, near here, yesterday.

The lorry was proceeding to the city from Sivakasi when the accident occurred, police added.


Please Wait while comments are loading...