80 rescued from ablaze building

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Rajkot, Oct 30 (UNI) Nearly 80 people residing in an old building, popularly known as Bhoja Mistri's Delo, were rescued by nearby residents when a fire broke out in it late last night.

At around 2300 hrs, a fire broke out in the front part of the building, sources said. Three fire engines were pressed into service to douse the fire. The rescued people have taken shelter in the Panchnath temple, official sources said.

The power supply of the building was immediately disconnected by the GEB staff.

The cause of the fire is said to be a short circuit.

Three houses of the said building have been severely damaged, sources added.


Please Wait while comments are loading...