CM thanks UPA for accepting its demand

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Shimla, Oct 2 (UNI) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh today thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Finance Minister P Chidambaram for accepting the demands of the demands of the state.

''The construction of Bhanupalli-Bilaspur Berri broad gauge railway line is a big relief as it will help in reducing vehicle congestion on roads and boost tourism,'' he said at a public meeting on the launch of the ''Aam Adami Bima Yojna'' by Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram here.

Mr Singh said while the state would contribute 25 per cent of the funds for the scheme, including the cost of the land, the remaining 75 per cent would be provided by the Central Government, which has taken it as a national project.

The railwa project would be operationised in two years from the date of construction, he claimed, adding that the state government had conducted a survey of the railway line by RITES at its own expenses.


Please Wait while comments are loading...