Tent for mahout catches fire in Mysore Palace

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mysore Sep 21 (UNI) Even before the world famous Dasara festivities could start, a tent erected inside the world-famour Mysore Palace to house mahouts who will navigate the Elephants during the Dasara procession was charred to ashes in an accidental fire here today.

The tent caught fire as the mahouts after cooking food for elephants left without dousing the fire. No loss of life or property was reported.

According to the forest officials,the tents have been erected to accommodate mahouts who have come to take care of six elephants who have come to participate Dasara festivites which starts from October 12.

It may be recalled here that Gajendra, a Dasara elephant, ran amok carrying the anne Gaddi which is under repair.


Please Wait while comments are loading...