Khajuraho will soon come on Indian Railways map

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Allahabad, Sep 21 (UNI) Khajuraho, country's famous tourist and archaeological centre, will soon come on the map of Indian Railways.

The laying work of 66-km rail line between Mahoba and Khajuraho with an estimated cost of Rs 50 crore is near completion. Almost 77 per cent of the work has been completed and remaining 23 per cent would be completed by the December end this year.

Chief PRO of the North Central Railway Bagish Prasad Pandey told UNI ''laying of the rail line between Lalitpur to Mahoba had already been completed and we are running trains on trial basis on this route.'' At present, there were only two means to reach this important tourist place, either by air or by road.

The road journey is tiring and uncomfortable, while the journey by air is costly and beyond the reach of poor people.

Mr Pandey said his department had also decided to open economy hotels and meeting rooms at Khajuraho providing other eminities too.

He hoped the number of tourists, both foreign and national, would certainly increase there.


Please Wait while comments are loading...