Five students fall ill after taking chewing gum

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Barrackpore, Sep 19 (UNI) At least five students of class VIII of Adarsha Vidyaniketan at Naihati in North 24 Parganas fell ill today after taking chewing gums.

The school authorities filed an FIR with the Naihati police station, police said.

The ailing students were admitted to the Naihati State General Hospital and were under observation, a medical officer at the hospital said.

One of the teachers, Gautam Ghosh, said all the five students, while chewing the gums in their classroom, felt giddy.

Meanwhile, medical officers were examining whether the students had taken something else other than chewing gum, hospital sources said.


Please Wait while comments are loading...