• search

Security beefed up in view of Babri Masjid Anniversary

Written by: Staff
|

Madurai, Dec 5 (UNI) Elaborate security arrangements have been made in the southern districts of Tamil Nadu on the eve of the anniversary of the demolition of the Babri Masjid.

South Zone Inspector General of Police Sajeev Kumar said adequate forces had been deployed in addition to the existing personnel in the region to maintain foolproof security at all sensitive places.

Over seven companies of special forces had been engaged for this task, he added.

A security blanket had been thrown in and around the famed Meenakshi-Sundareswarar temple where visitors were allowed entry after thorough frisking. Metal detecting door frames had been put up at all the five entry points and armed police personnel were posted in the temple premises.

City Deputy Commissioner of Police Nagarajan said more than 2,000 police personnel had been drafted for security in the temple city.

Security cover had been provided to the leaders of Hindu outfits and their offices, he added.

Besides intensifying mobile patrolling, picketing had been posted extensively throughout the southern districts.

UNI CR GKT RL HS1942

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X