• search

Five of a family electrocuted

Written by: Staff
|

Gorakhpur, Sep 17 (UNI) At least five children of a family were burnt alive and one other sustained burn injuries after a high tension power line fell on them in Maharajganj district here today.

The mishap occurred in Sidhvapatti village in which Ghanshyam Kushwaha (22), Radheshyam, Raj Kumar (19), Dheeru, Murari (18) died, while Arjun received grave injuries.

The injured was rushed to hospital in Gorakhpur.

Agitated by the incident, people staged a 'dharna' near the police station and demanded stringent action against the accused.

UNI ATI PDM HT1310

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more