• search

Three electrocuted

Written by: Staff
|

Dhar, MP, July 6 (UNI) Representatives of three generations of the same family -- a grandfather, his son and grandson -- were electrocuted while working at a farm at Konda village, 130 km from district headquarters, police said today.

Raju Bheel (18) was chopping a tree last evening when he came into contact with an electric wire. His father, Mangalya (45), rushed to save him but received electric shock. Raju's grandfather, Bhuvan (60), went to save both but met the same fate.

Bhuvan's wife was injured in the incident and was admitted to hospital. The government was bearing the expense of treatment.

The district administration announced an ex-gratia of Rs 15,000 -- Rs 5,000 each for grandfather, father and grandson -- to the deceased's family.

UNI AA-PS 1256

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more