Student sustains severe burn injuries
Jabalpur, July 6 (UNI) A student has sustained severe burn injuries when fire engulfed his room at Devandra hostel of Rani Durgawati University, police said today.
Hostel students entered into the room of Uttar Pradesh-resident Sanjay Saxena after hearing his scream for help on July 4 night and found Sanjay in a severely burnt condition.
The students rushed Sanjay to a private hospital and informed hostel superintendent Akhilesh Pandey. Later, Sanjay was shifted to medical college hospital in view of his critical condition.
Mr Pandey told police that Sanjay, who was an MA(Economics) student and was put up at the hostel, had passed his examination with good marks and had arrived here two days earlier from UP to take his result. He had also vacated the hostel room.
However, he went into the room on July 4 night, doused himself with kerosene and set himself afire.
Police were investigating the matter.
UNI RG-PS 1212