Kidnapped son of industralist confirmed dead
Ludhiana, July 5 (UNI) The kidnapped son of a prominent city-based industrialist, missing since June 26, is now confirmed dead.
SSP A S Rai said here today that the kidnappers had demanded a ransom of Rs one crore from Ravinder Singh, a local industrialist, for the safe release of his son Vikramjit Singh.
Vikramjit, 21, had been missing since June 26 but his car was later found abandoned. The police had claimed to have carried out thorough investigations and sounded off neighbouring states in the much-publicised case.
Meanwhile on June 29, the Himachal Pradesh police had found a body near Solan and cremated it as ''unidentified'' after conducting a post-mortem.
However, the Punjab police, after pursuing the case with their Himachal counterparts, concluded that the body was of Vikramjit, Mr Rai said.
UNI XC DP AK BD1940