• search

Congress to hold district convention to expose Naveen govt.

Written by: Staff
|

Bhubaneswar, June 7 (UNI) Orissa Congress will hold conventions at the district level to expose the ''corrupt and inefficient'' BJD-BJP government in the state.

The party, while apprising people of the various achievements of the UPA government at the Centre, will on the other hand to demand the resignation of Chief Minister Naveen Patnik for his alleged failure in all fronts.

The general body meeting of the Orissa Pradesh Committee which held here today, adopted a political resolution accusing the government of pursuing an ''anti-people policy in the state.

Briefing reporters after the general body meeting, AICC general secretary and in-charge of Orissa affairs V Narayan Swamy alleged the government has failed utilising the central fund meant for various developmental programmes.

He said there has been rampant corruption in the allotment and execution of the Indira Awas Yojana,Rural Health Mission and the National Employment Guarantee Scheme. Only a 30 per cent of the central fund had so far been utilised by the government while the rest 70 per cent were lying unutilised, the party claimed.

There has been no effort by the government to mobilise resources internally even to meet the 10 per cent matching grant of various central projects.

Mr Swamy held the Naveen Patnaik government squarely responsible for increasing Naxalite activites. ''The governmment had become a mute spectator of the Naxalite menace as evident from recent attack of police stations, barracks and other government establishments,'' he said.

He said no attempt had been made by the government to bring the IT sector to the state even though it had the potential to do so.

The government, he said had no action plan for the upliftment of the tribals and the downtrodden.

Mr Swamy said the party has decided to hold zonal level conferences to highlight the achievement of the UPA government under the leadership of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

He said senior leaders would be appointed as observers at the district and block level to ensure that the party performed well in the elections and defeat the ruling BJD-BJP in the state.

UNI DP PC VD RAI2255

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more