• search

Fire claims 3 lives in Mumbai

Written by: Staff
|

Mumbai, June 5 (UNI) Three persons died due to burn injuries after a fire broke out in their chawl at Santacruz here this afternoon.

Police said the fire broke out due to a short circuit in the house of one Banawarsilal Gupta, a resident of the Siddhivinayak chawl, killing his wife Sitadevi, daughter Neha (3) and son Karan (9).

His other son Rohit (6) was, however, rescued and has been admitted to the Nair hospital, police added.

UNI GS SSS LS GC1728

For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more