• search

Students escape from major fire in Nagaland

Written by: Staff
|

Kohima, May 12 (UNI) Over three hundred students had a narrow escape when a major fire broke out at Zakiesatuo Memorial Higher Secondary School in Dimapur town yesterday, police said today.

The fire, possibly ignited from a short circuit, however, razed some class rooms and seven other houses in the neighbourhood.

The teachers sensing danger immediately evacuated the students to safer places before some school rooms caught fire and furniture and office documents reduced to ashes.

There was no casualty.

Official sources said the blaze was first noticed in one of the class rooms and then immediately spread over to other rooms and engulfed furniture and many other documents.

UNI AS PC VJ GC1131

For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more