• search

Fire breaks out at CESC campus

Written by: Staff

Kolkata, May 4 : A major fire broke out at the CESC campus in Manohar Pukur Road near Shishu Mangal Hospital this evening, owing to bursting of a transformer, sources said.

Fire brigade officials said seven fire engines were pressed into service to douse the flame.

The officials said the electric supply to the entire area has been cut off following the incident. Fire officers suspect that fire broke out because of short circuit.

People of the area were angry and complained that the fire tenders arrived late.

However, there was no report of any casualty.

The extent of damage is being ascertained, sources added.


For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more