No breakthrough in Jama Masjid twin blasts probe: Police
New Delhi, Apr 15: More than 24 hours after the twin blasts rocked the historic Jama Masjid here, police are yet to zero in on ''any clue'' which could lead to a breakthrough in the case.
In a probable attempt to keep investigations 'totally under wraps', the police are denying that they are anywhere close to getting clues on the perpetrators of the blasts.
A senior police official refused to confirm whether there was ''any headway'' or any breakthrough in the course of investigations.
He also denied that any detentions or arrests had been made in the case.
However, he added that security in the Capital had been beefed up and regular checks were being carried out.
Another officer said the case was ''progressing'' in the right direction.
Meanwhile, sources said raids at several places had been carried out at 'suspected places' taking clues from the November 29 blast at the gate of the Jama Masjid.
The bomb, which was found along with a timer in a bag, had gone off while it was being defused.
It was found abandoned in a bag near the Masjid gates by the gateman while he was closing them on November 29 evening. Imam Bukhari who informed the police following which the bomb disposal squad was sent.
Life in the area close to the Jama Masjid is, however, back to normal with shops and establishments functioning and prayers being held in the mosque.