• search

One die 21 ill after consuming adulterated food

Written by: Staff
|

Shahdol, MP, Apr 7 (UNI) A girl student died and 21 were taken ill after consuming adulterated food prepared by the Adivasi Kanya Ashram Shala (ADAS) last night at Amarkantak near Anuppur district, official sources said today.

Twenty-two girls were admitted to the primary health care centre in Amarkantak where Class X student Sumitra died. The condition of the rest were stable.

Anuppur district collector K K Khare said preliminary investigation by a special team revealed that prima facie the case appeared to be of consuming adulterated food.

A sample of food used in the ADAS has been packed so that the situation could be clarified.

The Collector suspended the principal, superintendent and her husband-lecturer with immediate effect.

UNI XC-PS SBJ RAI2016

For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more