• search

Cylinder blast in Connaught Place restaurant, 2 hurt

Written by: Staff
|

New Delhi, Apr 7: Two persons, including a 14-year-old and a security guard, were injured in a gas cylinder blast in Connaught Place area of New Delhi this morning.

The blast at Pundrik Restaurant, on the outer circle facing K G Marg, occurred at about 0815 hrs when Ramu (14), a servant working there, opened the shop and switched on the lights, according to a police official.

The leaking gas had filled the room and switching on the light in the kitchen led to a fire spreading all over and causing the cylinder to blast.

While Ramu received 30 per cent burns, security guard Anu Singh was injured due to the impact of the flying debris. Both have been admitted to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.

UNI

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more