Bangalore, Apr 6 (UNI) A special inquiry by the Corps of Detectives (CoD) will be held into the rank list scandal in the post graduation entrance examinations conducted by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Medical Education Minister Dr V S Acharya announced today.
Addressing a press conference after inaugurating his new office here, he said the CoD would submit its report within a month. The Committee, appointed by his Ministry to go into the issue, had submitted its report on Tuesday last, finding that of the first 22 ranks, 16 students got the rank through malpractices. Most of these students had obtained MBBS degree in more than one attempt and they could not even fare well in their SSLC, PUC, entrance examination for MBBS course or Comed-K entrance test, he pointed out.
In the wake of the findings, the Ministry had ordered to keep in abeyance the results of the first ten rank holders and six to ten errant officials, who were on deputation for valuation works, have been asked to return to their parent departments yesterday. Criminal action would be initiated against all those involved in the scandal after the CoD inquiry report was received, the Minister said.
Warning that the JD(S)-BJP Government would not tolerate any malpractice in any examination, Dr Acharya said all the ten students who secured the first ten ranks through malpractices have been served with showcause notices to explain why they should not be debarred from appearing in any test for one year.
He clarified that though the Governor, Chief Minister and himself felt that the entire PG entrance examinations should be cancelled following several complaints against the announced rank list, the Government decided to constitute a committee to go into the issue under a vigilance officer in view of the High Court stay in a similar case last year.
UNI MA GD TS1608