2 killed, 3 injured as crackers stock catches fire
Nanded, Maharashtra, Apr 6 (UNI) Two youth were killed and three seriously injured when crackers, stocked in a home here, exploded in the wee hours today.
Superintendent of police Fattesingh Patil said the mishap occurred when the five friends were having a party at the residence of one of their friends.
The house had a stock of fire crackers as the family was engaged in this business.
The police suspect that the crackers might have caught fire by a cigarette when the youth were busy partying late last night.
Naresh Kondewar and Himanshu Panse, both aged 25, died before medical treatment, while the other three have been admitted to the Guru Govindsingh Medical College and Hospital here with severe burn injuries. The injured have been identified as Maruti Wagh, Yogesh Deshpande and Gururaj Suknewar.
UNI XR-MPJ MAZ PM RAI1833