Kookaburra withdraws graphite bats from first-class cricket
Dubai, Mar 31 (UNI) After being withdrawn from the international level, the controversial graphite-reinforced bats, used by the likes of Ricky Ponting and Sanath Jayasuriya till recently, are on their way out from all first-class cricket as well by October 1.
''Kookaburra's decision to withdraw the bat from first-class cricket and limited overs competitions played by first-class teams follows its withdrawal of the bat from international cricket earlier this month,'' an ICC release said here.
The decision was made after the ICC told Kookaburra after being told by the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), that the bat does not comply with the laws.
Kookaburra's proposal has been supported by the ICC member countries who have agreed to allow the use of the bats at levels below first-class domestic competition for the duration of the natural lifespan of the bats.
Kookaburra has also decided to end the production and distribution of these bats.
UNI XC PM LR HS1446