• search

Fire in hospital, 40 in-patients shifted

Written by: Staff
|

Hyderabad, Mar 30 (UNI) Fire broke out in a hospital near Chaderghat here today. About 40 in-patients were being shifted to another hospital, sources said.

Local residents first noticed smoke coming from the first floor of the hospital. They alerted police, who called the fire service.

Four fire engines were used to extinguish the blaze, according to police.

By the time fire personnel reached the spot, the smoke spread to the other two floors, making it tough for them to find the source of the fire. They broke the window panes and shifted the 40 patients.

Police suspect that a short circuit on the first floor where computers were kept triggered the fire. Fire personnel pointed out that the hospital was not built as per adequate fire safety norms.

UNI ASJ AA MSJ HS1628

For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more