• search

Battery unit blaze guts property worth lakhs

Written by: Staff

Kanpur, Mar 23: Property worth several lakhs of rupees was gutted in a major fire inside a battery manufacturing unit in Fazalganj area of this industrial city, police today (Mar 23, 2006) said.

The fire was triggered by a boiler burst in the factory late last night. No casualty, however, was reported in the inferno, despite the presence of workers, on the night shift there at that time.

It took at least three hours for the two fire tenders to extinguish the blaze.

The owner of the factory later claimed that ready stock worth Rs 40 lakh was gutted in the fire. The authorities, however, were yet to ascertain the exact damage to the factory, police added.


For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more