Lunar Eclipse 2021: Negative effects on pregnant women; Do's and Don'ts one should follow
New Delhi, May 25: The world is set to witness the first lunar eclipse of 2021, which is also being called the Supermoon. While scientists have encouraged people to enjoy the beautiful sight, many consider it as a bad omen during the pregnancy.
In India, it is believed that during pregnancy when a pregnant woman watches a lunar eclipse, the baby will have a cleft lip. Another popular belief says that pregnant women shouldn't hold knives and sharp objects because it could leave a birthmark on the child.
Lunar Eclipse 2021: Do's and Don'ts for pregnant woman
- During the eclipse, pregnant women are asked to stay indoors and refrain themselves from looking at the sky.
- Eat only freshly cooked food.
- Cover the windows with thick curtains so that no rays from the eclipse enter the home.
- Take bath before and after the eclipse.
- Do not sleep or do any activity during the eclipse.
- Donate something in the name of Pitra.
- Do not travel.
- People say pregnant women should not even have water during the eclipse.
- But we would not back that statement as expectant mothers to stay hydrated. We also advise you to not go for long periods without eating.
- Consult your doctor before practicing these traditional practices.