The Allahabad High Court on Thursday acquitted Dr Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in the Aaarushi-Hemraj murder case. The judge made five important points while acquitting the Talwars in the double murder case.
Aarushi was found dead in her bedroom at her Noida home near Delhi. Her parents were convicted for the murder in 2013. The parents then moved the High Court against the verdict of the CBI court.
Why Rajesh and Nupur Talwar were acquitted?
There were five important points that the HC made while delivering the order of acquittal. Here they are:
- There is no clinching evidence that the parents did it
- There is only circumstantial evidence
- There is no irresistible conclusion that Rajesh and Nupur committed the murders
- The golden rule in justice is that if there is a situation where there are doubts, one has to favour the accused
- The benefit of the doubt in this case goes to the Talwars