Noida factory fire: 20-year-old identified by a gold ring her mother gifted
Among the deceased, only three bodies have been identified so far. One of them was 20-year-old Jasmeet Kaur.
Jasmeet, who was staying in Mayur Vihar, was working as an HR manager and had joined the company six months ago.
She hailed from Mohali in Punjab and celebrated her 20th birthday on April 17. Her mother gifted her a gold ring on her birthday.
As per a report published in HT, Jasmeet's Uncle said that she informed about the fire in her office building to her mother and told her to call the police, as office staff could not contact the police.
Her mother immediately informed the police of the fire and rushed to the office with her relatives.
The bereaved family is in a state of shock that their daughter would die like this. This was Jasmeet's first job after she completed her graduation from Punjab University.
The severely charred body of Jasmeet could be identified by the gold ring that her mother had gifted her two days back on her birthday. She, along-with other injured, was taken to Noida's district hospital in Sector 30, where she was declared dead on arrival.
Other two deceased who have been identified are- 35-year-old Vivek Kochhar, who was working as an accountant and he belonged to Laxmi Nagar area of East Delhi and 38-year-old Indrabhan Singh, a marketing executive, who hailed from Lucknow.
45-year-old Sanjoy Das, company's executive director, 27-year-old Parikshit Sharma and Ritesh are among those who have not been identified yet.
Fire broke out at around 1.30 pm, when at-least fifteen people were inside the company. Other survivors managed to escape from third floor of the building by climbing from ropes, but were left with multiple fractures and spinal injuries.
Within a span of few minutes, the entire building was engulfed in fire and a huge cloud of smoke was billowing. The search and rescue operation lasted till late night.
Ten fire tenders and hydraulic cranes were pressed into service to control the inferno at the Excel Greentech Private Limited, F-55, Sector 11 of the industrial township.
Police suspect that an electrical short circuit triggered the fire and the flames rapidly spread to all the four floors in the building, leaving many with no chance to escape.
The company was earlier situated in Ghaziabad and had shifted to Noida few months ago.