Man deported from Australia arrested for making bomb hoax call
A 36-year-old man, who had earlier been deported from Australia, has been arrested for allegedly making hoax calls about a bomb in the passport office at ITO here, the police said.
The man, identified as Rukhsar Ahmed, made a call to the Police Control Room on May 20 threatening that a bomb had been planted at the passport office.
He made another call from Seelampur a couple of days later with the same threat, they said.
During investigation, it was found that Ahmed had made both the calls and he was nabbed.
During investigation, it was found that he had gone to Singapore in 2007 and then to Australia. He was caught for holding illegal visa and was deported, the police said.
He wanted to go abroad but his father had taken away his passport fearing that he might be getting involved in criminal activities abroad, they added. Out of anger, he made the hoax calls, they added.